Multi Food from ATP Science
Fat-soluble means that these vitamins are transported with fat and stored in the liver and fat tissue or eliminated via sebum in the skin. Because they can be stored in our bodies, they can accumulate and become toxic when eaten in excessive amounts. This mostly occurs when taking single supplements of the fat-soluble vitamins rather than in foods rich in vitamins. Eating fat-free or using “fat loss aids” that strip dietary fat out of the digestive tract can lead to health problems associated with fat-soluble vitamin deficiencies.
Vitamin A is an “essential” nutrient, meaning our bodies cannot make it, and it must be included in our diet. It is fat soluble and stored in our liver bound to protein until it is needed and transported out to the site of deficiency or increased demand.
Provitamin A is found in foods as carotenoids and is converted in part into retinol. Beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin are the most common carotenoids, with beta-carotene being the most easily converted into retinol. Carotenoids are found naturally in many fruits and vegetables.
Lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin are carotenoids but are not converted into vitamin A. They have their own functions, and are also important cofactors to regulate its function.
What does it do?
Vitamin A is essential for maintaining the immunity, integrity, and function of all surface tissues (epithelial). Supporting immunity, antioxidant protection, regeneration, and repair for;
- skin – replenish skin cells and regulate oils, pores, and immunity.
- respiratory tract – healthy mucosa and mucosal immunity.
- gut – gut wall integrity, gut-derived oxidative stress, immune activation, and protection.
- Reproductive tract – maintain the mucosal integrity and regulate mucosal immunity for reproduction and fertility.
- bladder – mucosal immunity and integrity.
- inner ears – protect from infection and allergic inflammation, oxidative stress, and inflammation.
- eyes – healthy mucous coating of the conjunctiva, and enhanced vision in poor light (night vision).
Vitamin A is also essential beyond the membrane surfaces;
- for maintaining a healthy immune system
- for growth and development of muscle and bone
- for reproduction
Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) is found in some plants and Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the one synthesized in the body from cholesterol by irradiation of sterols in the skin by UV rays.
Every second person is vitamin D deficient. Almost 50% of the population worldwide; An estimated 1 billion people worldwide, across all ethnicities and age groups, have a diagnosed vitamin D deficiency. This may be attributed to lifestyle (for example, reduced outdoor activities, sunscreen) and environmental (for example, air pollution, atmospheric changes, and filtered sunlight) factors that minimize exposure to sunlight, which is required for ultraviolet-B (UVB)-induced vitamin D production in the skin.
What does it do?
Vitamin D helps with;
- Muscle development and bone growth
- Regulation of inflammation and immune modulation
- preventing the rise of diseases such as osteoporosis, rickets, arthritis.
- Regulating hormone and vitamins simultaneously to regulate levels and movement of calcium and phosphorus in the body.
- Activating the production of a protein carrier, which is required for moving calcium. This vitamin also enforces the reabsorption of calcium in muscles and kidneys.
Vitamin D is the main element in the process of metabolism of phosphorus and calcium.
- deteriorating vision
- loss of appetite
- weight gain
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin utilized in cellular antioxidant defense systems. As we cannot synthesize Vitamin E within our body, it must be exclusively obtained from our diet.
What does it do?
Vitamin E was made famous as the “anti-sterility factor”; which is essential for fertility and reproduction in both men and women.
Vitamin E and C work together as “antioxidants.” They scavenge ROS (reactive oxygen species) via activation of the glutathione antioxidant system. This antioxidant system is very efficient, and the vitamin C and E used in it are recycled so high doses are not necessary and do not make it work faster or stronger. The endogenous glutathione antioxidant system maintains vitamin C, and vitamin E levels through recycling and the glutathione system will determine the antioxidant effect of these vitamins and not you and your supplementation plan.
High levels of supplementation of vitamin C and vitamin E are not only unnecessary but may be harmful due to increasing the burden of the glutathione antioxidant system, and excess vitamin intake may provide an additional source of ROS. As mentioned earlier high doses and out of balance supplementation of antioxidant compounds beyond what is found in nature can turn protective antioxidants into damaging prooxidants. Vitamin E and C are possibly the most commonly overdosed supplements and may be contributing to worsening health outcomes because so many people believe if they take too much it will go straight through and vitamins can only be good and never bad. That is wrong.
- Antioxidant to quench free radicals and scavenge ROS (reactive oxygen species)
- Oxidation has been linked to various chronic conditions such as arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease
- Reduces platelet aggregation and regulates prostaglandin production and blood clotting in heart disease
- Poor wound healing and scarring
- Skin disorders, dry skin, wrinkling and sagging
WHY DID WE REMOVE THE MAGNESIUM AND CALCIUM?
The dose of magnesium and calcium in the Multifood was just enough to aid the utilization of the other ingredients when in a deficiency state and the very low % of magnesium and calcium per gram of plant matter took up too much space and was not efficient nor viable.
Magnesium and calcium are better supplemented in higher doses when deficient and then lower doses once the deficiency has been corrected.
ZMST contains 100mg of Magnesium per capsule as magnesium citrate which is the best form of magnesium to supplement with in most cases to be taken at doses of 1 to 6 capsules daily. Multifood could only fit 20mg of magnesium from plant per capsule which has much lower bioavailability due to the phytates contained in the plant material. You would need to take 3 to 18 capsules of Multifood to correct magnesium deficiency states and that means overdosing on the vitamins.
Look out for ATP Science Calcium from red herring bones released in the near future ;P
Do you believe nature knows best? Well at ATP Science we do. We believe that vitamins and minerals from organic, natural sources that are found as a vitamin complex with all of their different natural forms along with their synergistic cofactors are more easily absorbed and are used in the body more effectively than single nutrients. In an ideal world, we shouldn’t need to supplement our food with anything. Unfortunately, with modern farming practices, processing, and storage techniques of our foods in combination with the daily stresses of our modern life and our reliance on processed and packaged foods, we can’t avoid supplementing our diets.
It is not well known by most Australians that most ‘natural’ vitamin supplements are synthesized in a lab from genetically modified bacteria. At ATP Science, we believe in natural sources for our supplements. We have searched the globe looking for farmers and scientists who have perfected the art of farming, processing and storage techniques to make food that is standardized to contain vitamins and minerals, naturally.
MULTI FOOD provides your body with a natural balance of nutrients. Not just the vitamins and minerals; but also the included phytonutrients, polyphenols and other plant-based nutrients that are missing in your standard multivitamin.
Did you know that Nutrient deficiencies are one of the more common causes of resistance to effective treatments? Vitamin and mineral deficiencies create roadblocks in certain biochemical pathways and if deficient it can be impossible to force the body to change. Vitamin and mineral cofactors, found in MULTI FOOD are necessary for all the systems in the body to work. Production, activity, conversion, and detoxification of the following all require the vitamin and mineral cofactors. They include:
- Energy production cycle in every cell of the body – the Kreb cycle
- The proper function and production of hormones
- The production of neurotransmitters
- A properly functioning immune system.
- Digestive and systemic enzymes
- Folate deficiency = inability to detoxify estrogen and contributes to obesity.
- Zinc deficiency = inability to control 5 alpha reductase and can’t fix testosterone: DHT ratios in acne.
- B5 deficiency = inability to control nervous systems and adrenal exhaustion.
- Vitamin c deficiency = scurvy = inability to regenerate collagen
- Magnesium deficiency = inability to switch off.
- Kreb cycle defect = no active transport pumps to absorb nutrients from the gut, systemic fatigue, excessive metabolic waste.
The first place to start to make sure someone is capable of creating change is by making sure the base nutrients are supplied.
2 x Multi Food caps daily supplies the essential water-soluble vitamins that need to be topped up on a daily basis along with all of the trace elements and botanical cofactors necessary for them to work.
ATP Science Multi Food blend using Orgenetics TM ingredients (Guava leaves and fruit, Phyllanthus emblica, Wrightia tinctoria, Lantana camara, Holy basil, Lemon peel, Moringa oleifera, Sesbansia grandiflora), Saccharomyces cerevisiae var, boulardii, rice extract, rice concentrate, Hypromellose, Anatase.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Take 2 capsules daily with food. Capsules can be opened and sprinkled onto foods or added into juices or smoothies as desired.